Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Swan Lake, Indiana Photography Shoot Out



I had a great weekend at Swan Lake Resort in Plymouth, IN!  We had two great speakers Christopher Castaneda and David Cuerdon.  This was an even put on by PPI - Professional Photographers of Indiana.  I joined PPI about a year ago and have grown leaps and bounds as a photographer.  I just can't recommend it enough for anyone who is a professional photographer or an aspiring one. 

We did a fun and challenging exercise where we taped up the back of camera and used our light meters to really think about and compose our shots without relying on our camera to think for us.  We were also limited to 50 shots over several hours and each one was supposed to be really different.  So we wouldn't rely on the "shoot 1000 shots and one of this bound to be good" method of photography.  (Something I am often guilty of).  I am excited to say that I won second place! 

I have to give many thanks to Nancy Bailey for her instruction and suggestions during the shootout.  It is a privilege to work with someone with so much knowledge.  I was lucky to have her in my group!

Here are the shots that I submitted:





No comments:

Post a Comment