Tuesday, August 18, 2009

VACATION!


I am in a Holiday Inn Express in Nashville, TN. We are at the end of a wonderful vacation. We will drive the last few hours home tomorrow morning. (Who knows what other great things will happen to us since we are staying at a Holiday Inn Express!)

We had a really great time in Chattanooga. We saw Rock City, the Incline Railroad, Ruby Falls and the Tennessee aquariums. We had a cute little cabin on Lookout Mountain (scenicviewlogcabins.com) .

On our way from Chattanooga to Ft. Valley, we stopped to visit some friends of Jim's who asked me to take some family pictures of them. Any chance I have to work on my photography is exciting. We only got to stay for a short time, but it was a nice visit and Bev even made Jim a birthday cake!





Next we went to Ft. Valley, GA where Jim had a class. That left me and the kids to venture out on our own. We found a cool beach (on a lake). I discovered one of the major disadvantages to going to the Beach as the only adult in your party. I have a really nasty sunburn on my back in the small strip between my shoulder blades where I couldn't reach to put the sunscreen on. I guess I should have asked the kids for help. This morning we went to Lane Orchards, a Peach "farm" and packing plant.






No comments:

Post a Comment