Thursday, August 27, 2009

Will work for food (aka Will Play for Gumbo)

"I don’t smoke, I don’t shoot smack But I got a spicy monkey ridin’ on my back" (here's the video if your interested)

What do I mean by that? Well I'll start by saying that Art and Colleen Bouvier are lucky that I don't know their address. I was in on my home from work with just about an hour for dinner before rushing off to pre-school orientation. I was stoked for some blackened chicken creole from Papa Roux. Nice night, sit outside, quick service AMAZING food. But WAIT, ah . . . pickles (thank you Jack), no more dinner at the Roux, only on Friday :( I was so pi . . . er . . . angry, disappointed. So if I'd known where they lived, I just might have shown up at their door begging for a bite. We went to CiCi's pizza instead. It was just as good. Yeah. Right.

Today Jim called me to meet him for lunch. Yay, lunch at the Roux?? No, they just went there yesterday, they want to go to Olive Garden. Really??? I work on the West side (two days a week). I just can't make it to 10th and post on a work day. I don't usually take the kids out by myself. I need some Roux!!!

So while I'm in the car driving most of the time these days I'm thinking about this photography "thing." How I'm going to start, grow, market and sustain my business. There is SOOO much to think about, so much to do. So all these thoughts were crossing my mind along my addiction to Papa Roux and I thought of the Jimmy Buffett song "I will play for Gumbo." When I get to actually take pictures, that is way more like play than it is like work. I was thinking about Art's relentless support of the "Mom and Pop." And I was just wondering if there was any way we could help each other out? Maybe we could put links on each other's websites? Maybe they'd let me put a flier up at the restaurant. I wonder if they need a web designer from the Indianapolis east side?

I have so many thoughts in the car every day.
So here is my simple offer to you Papa Roux - if you need any photography work done - "I will play for Gumbo." (creole, actually or even chili, po boys . . .)

No comments:

Post a Comment